Friday 26 August 2011

Movies made in your home and callaborations

Not too long ago to make your own mini movie would require a rather massive, heavy, awful image producing VHS camera.

They were that bad I literally gave up until the advent of the digital camcorder and so started the home movie revolution that ultimately would give birth to the likes of Youtube.

It's amazing how now with a little know how , determination and passion for film almost everyone could produce something that  not too long ago would only be possible in an expensive studio and once one gathers momentum to take it to the next level as this guy has Kie77 you can output this hugely entertaining short. Check it out you mothers ...

Kie's great production quality and entertaining short Living Doll III

Kie asked me to take part in this video an age ago and I shot my part very early this year (Jan? 2011) and through the miracle of the internet I sent him my ready to go part and he grafted into his fantastic production.

I shot it on a Canon 60d with a 17-55mm F/2.8 lens and coloured it with Colorista in After Effects CS4 I hadn't gone 64 bit at that point (altho am only halfway there now as I don't have any 64 bit apps to use up my 16 gigs) .

I don't know what Kie shot his on but it is very clear and bright always a good thing, you can always muddy things up later if need be, I really like his keying on the News Report section and I think the weather girl is quite fetching too in a albeit unconventional way.

Collaboration's with other "Youtubers" is a great way to combine efforts and reach a wider audience and is something I would thoroughly recommend as it's always great to talk shop with fellow film makers and maybe pick up new tips in this constantly evolving arena that is digital film making

Bring on the LIONS!!!! arrrrrrgghhh s














No comments:

Post a Comment